1. Entrants must be residents or growers of Elsworth, Knapwell, Boxworth or Conington or visiting friends and relations. Produce must be grown in the district.
2. Everything entered must be grown or made by the Exhibitor except flowers used in floral arrangements.
3. Entries 30p. Entries by children aged 16 years and under are free in Section M only.
4. How to Enter
i. In person with entry form at the Poacher on Friday 31st August between 6-8pm or bring to the school on Saturday 1st September between 2-4pm
ii. Email entries to email@example.com by 4pm on Saturday 1st September NO ENTRY FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON SUNDAY MORNING
5. Exhibits may be left for staging by the stewards on Saturday 1st September between 2.00pm and 4.00pm OR by the exhibitor between 8.00am and 9.45am on Sunday 2nd September
6. Exhibits must not be removed before 4.00pm on the day of the show. The Committee will be very grateful for any exhibits left for auction at 4.30pm.
7. Exhibitors may make more than one entry in any one class. Each exhibit must be accompanied by an entry form and appropriate fee.
8. Exhibitors must provide own plates, vases etc. as they require. The Committee will not be responsible for any breakage or loss of such items.
9. Each class may be judged 1st, 2nd 3rd.
10. Where the entries are less than four in any one class, the awarding of more than one prize will be at the discretion of the judge.
11. In case of any dispute the Committee’s decision will be final.
ANNUAL CHALLENGE CUPS AND PRIZES
WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
Annual Challenge Cups:
Elsworth and District Show Challenge Cup: Most Points Overall
Elsworth, Knapwell and Conington Womens Institute Challenge Cup: Cookery, preserves and drinks (Section A, B and C)
Elizabeth Heath Memorial Cup: Preserves (Section B)
Arnold Hodson Memorial Trophy: Fruit (Section E)
Elsworth and District Show Cup: Flowers and plants (Section F)
Elsworth Branch Royal British Legion Cup: Vegetables (Section G)
Elsworth, Knapwell and Conington Womens Institue Vase: Floral Arrangements (Section H)
Boxworth Women’s Institute Challenge Cup: Needlework (Section I)
Girls Cup Children: (Section M) (girl)
Boys Cup Children: (Section M) (boy)
J Mitham Cup: Classes 92,95,98,106 and 108
One Year Membership of Swavesey Camera Club Overall winner in Photography (Section K) (16 years and over)
Tug of War Challenge Cup Tug of war
Points awarded: 1st - 3 points, 2nd - 2 points, 3rd - 1 point